What is a Middle Name?
A middle name can also be the second name of a person or the maternal surname. It is also sometimes used to describe the character of a person. For example, you must have heard the saying – “‘bravery’ is my middle name”. In some countries, especially the US, the middle name is often initialized. Thus, John Fitzgerald Kennedy is better known as John F. Kennedy.
Does My Baby Need a Middle Name?
While legally you’re not obliged to choose a middle name for your kid, some still decide to give it to their little ones. Usually, there are a couple of reasons for choosing a middle name:
- To honor some family member or some heritage or tradition? For example, if your grandmother’s name was Jane, you can make that the middle name.
- Make your child stand out from their namesakes.
- A person with a middle name also gives off a more respectable and even regal vibe. After all, there’s a reason why so many royal members and aristocrats tend to have such long names.
- A middle name can also have a real meaning or personal significance for you.
- Whichever the reason, choosing the middle name is a pretty exciting but also responsible job. Thus, we wish to help make your search a bit easier, and find the best middle name for Kinsley! So let’s start off with some 101 about this name first.
The Origin of ‘Kinsley’ Name
The word Kinsley originates from the Old English word Kingsley, meaning “King’s meadow”. It is derived from two medieval words, Cyne, meaning kingly or royal, and Leah meaning meadow or wood clearing. Though Kingsley was originally used as a surname, it is now a rather common girl’s name.
Is ‘Kinsley’ Name Popular?
The name Kingsley is especially popular in the US. According to the 2019 Social Security Administration Data, Kinsley ranks number 74 in the list of the most popular girls’ names in the US. Public figures who share the same name are Kinsley Scott Bingham – the US Senator and actress Kinsley Funari.
Kinsley-some Interesting Trivia
- Kinsley is the name of the popular heroine in Sue Grafton’s mystery books.
- Kinsley is also the name of a small village in England.
- There is a city in Kansas, also by the same name.
Nicknames for Kinsley
Some nicknames for Kinsley can be Ki, Kin, or Kins. Other cool nicknames can be Kinzie, Kiki, or even KK!
Different Ways To Spell Kinsley
Here are some alternate ways you can spell Kinsley:
Best Middle Names for Kinsley Girl
The middle name for Kinsley, should not be too common and should flow nicely with the first and last name. Below, we give a list of middle names for Kinsley.
|Aston||Ash tree settlement||British|
|Winona||Firstborn daughter||Sioux Indian|
|Isabella||Devoted to God||Spanish, Italian|
|Michelle||Who is like God||French|
|Nicole||Victory of the people||French|
Tip for Choosing The Right Middle Name
When you’re looking for the middle name for Kensley, you also need to consider how well it would sound as initials. For example, some good options are:
- Kensley Ivey. Initials: K.I.
- Kensley Maxine. Initials: K.M.
- Kensley Aston. Initials: K.A.
All and all, whether you look for middle names for Kennedy, Kinsley, Lara – any name, you need to consider how well it would sound with the first and last name of your little girl. So say them out loud, repeat a couple of times and if you like it and it sounds wonderful – perhaps that’s the ideal choice!
With that said, hope that we’ve helped you consider the best middle name for Kinsley, and make your search a little bit easier!
So which of these do you like the most? Or perhaps you also have a couple of favorite middle names that go with Kinsley? Then feel free to share them in the comments below! Perhaps you can help someone find the perfect name that their baby will proudly carry their whole life!
- 1 What is a Middle Name?
- 2 The Origin of ‘Kinsley’ Name
- 3 Best Middle Names for Kinsley Girl
- 4 Conclusion